Many times when we’re hungry we just pop something in our mouths without really thinking about the NAMES of the foods. The following list are REAL foods in different parts of the world that SOUND Like Dirty words.
* Spotted Dick—No, this isn’t some kind of dreaded MANS Dingleberry disease like Spotted Fever, it’s a British suet pudding dish served with custard usually containing dried fruit.
* Cock-a-Leekie—Nope, not a Leeky penis just after sex or peeing, it’s a favorite Soup of the Scottish peoples with leaks and Chicken stock.
* Toad In The Hole—Oh Boy!!! I SEE you smiling over there!!! No it’s not some perverted species of toad that lives in your vagina. It’s a traditional English dish consisting of sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter, usually served with vegetables and onion gravy. Thank GOD!!! Wipes Brow!!!
* Sticky Buns—OK..I MUST admit, I cracked up here too. I just had a mental image of an ass covered in lubricant (Turns head away). Actually, I STILL have that image…GO AWAY NOW. ACTUALLY, it’s a breakfast pastry covered in brown sugar…Somehow, I just can’t SHAKE the FIRST image.
* Matzo-Stuffed Breast—Implants maybe…Hmmmm. Think I’ll stick with SILICONE thank you… This is a Yummy chicken dish with Matzo, lots of veggies and spices. A great Lebanese dish.
* Bangers and Mash—Let your dirty minds just wander with me here people. Actually, it’s an English dish made up of Sausage over Mashed potatos. Mmmmmmm.
* Bubble and Squeek—Sounds like someone just FARTED in the Bathtub filled with bubbles. Well, it’s NOT. It is really an English dish made from the leftovers of a roast. Potatos, and several vegetables can be added for an amazing flavor.
Hmmm…Why does it sound like the English have most of the dirty sounding word dishes??? No damning letters or comments here folks…It’s a HUMOR piece for Pete’s sake. Hopefully, if you have not tried these dishes, you will.
All these are very tasty. Personally…I just call them different more soothing sounding dishes when I make them. Pick up your forks and well…Enjoy.