Let me just start out by saying that I LOVE coffee. About a year ago, I got my first Keurig coffee maker, I love it. Up until yesterday it worked just fine, so this morning, I thought rather than spend 50 bucks or more to have it repaired, I would just tinker around with it and see hat I could do.
Now for those of you who read me, you may have surmised that I am NOT the best fix it woman in the world. However, ONCE gain, I decided that I would give it a shot.
I took out my handy Keurig booklet, went to the troubleshooting section and dug in.
No Power—Plug the machine in DUH!!!, See if blue light comes on. CHECK!!!
Blue Light is on but NO coffee—Yup, that was the problem, SEE, how hard was that. Then it gave a few suggestions like line up possible tools needed. It said get a needle nose pliers, a Phillips head screwdriver, a Flat head screwdriver, a Star headed screwdriver, a regular pliers, some Duct Tape (Figures), and a wire stripper.
Yikes, this was becoming more than I wanted to handle. I figured that all I would have to do is push the re-set button. So, the book said to lift and re-set the water thingy by lifting it up and then easily giggling it a couple of times…NOTHING!!!
Then, it said if THAT didn’t work to open up where you put the cups in and take a safety pin, (What happened o all those tools), and stick it inside the little hole in there a few times…Nothing.
After an an hour messing with it, I decided there was one tool I was probably missing. I took the coffee maker out to my garage, placed it on the floor used the tool I KNEW would fix it…Yup….A Sledgehammer. I broke that #$%@%*& thing into about a million pieces…FINALLY…I KNEW what was wrong with it, I needed a NEW one.